Based
on the article “How Images Think”, by Ron Burrnett. MIT Press;
2004
I
find it entirely appropriate that this reading was stapled together
so that it reads upside down and backwards... Does anyone else think
that Sena did that on purpose? (I do). Don't get me wrong; it's an
interesting subject. Actually, I even understood a great deal of it
(I think). But REALLY? How can anyone wax eloquent and philosophical,
at such an incredibly thorough length, about how images and viewers
interact in the digital age? Can I just get the cliff notes, next
time? LOL
If
I'm not mistaken, the term“image worlds”refers to the ability of
the photographer/designer/director to produce images that create
and/or promote an identity, be it for historical, promotional, or
personal reasons. The image creator's awareness and use of this
process has become integral part of the way images are produced and
used in the modern digital age; from TV., movies, video
games,advertisements, to modern art (for art's sake). The author also
raises our awareness concerning how modern society views and
understands history, through the images it consumes and interacts
with.
When
the author discusses the images ability to “think”, I believe he
is referring to how we, as viewers, interact with the image; how we
synthesize interpret, and perceive the meaning of the image, and how
that changes over time. In the modern age, we are perpetually
bombarded with images,twenty-four seven. We eat, sleep, and breath
images; we think, feel, and communicate with images. Once again, I
pose the question, “where is the line drawn between using
technology and being used by technology?”Something we should all
remain aware of and give some thought to...
No comments:
Post a Comment