Aesthetics and Interactive Art, by Karen Cham
This blog was created for my DTC 355 Multimedia Authoring class.
I must confess that the scope of this article and a lot of the terminology and references are beyond my limited comprehension... But, the gist of it is the question; "are modern/digital technologically driven art forms to be considered a legitimate artistic medium?" This article seemed to be a whole lot of high brow, intellectual posturing and postulation over what seems, to me, to be a simple question and answer.
Digital and multimedia art are created using all the classic elements of art: line, shape, space, balance, color, etc. Digital media art forms are, I believe, the purest aesthetic representation of the age we live in. Video games, web sites, cell phone operating systems, t.v., movies, and the combination of all previously mentioned embody the philosophy of the modern age, whether by intention, or not.
As an aside note, the question I propose is this: "Where do we draw the line between using technology and being used by technology?"
No comments:
Post a Comment